Welcome to my new space on the Interwebs! I’ve previously blogged, but that blog was feeling stagnate and a mash-up of three blogs in one. I felt overwhelmed and after a break, I made the choice to stop, drop and start fresh and well, here we are!
I feel like one of the things I didn’t do was get to know my readers, but also have my readers get to know me. So to break the ice, I’ve decided that I need to answer some questions.
20 Facts About Me
1. What’s your name? My name is Jeanatte, but you can call me Jenna. I also go by Jeannie, but I’m not 10, so Jenna it is.
2. How old are you? 35!
3. What is your zodiac sign? Libra.
4. What is your relationship status? Taken and married soon.
5. Do you have kids? I do! I have three kids, one son and two daughters ages 13, 10 and 8 respectively. If there’s anything beauty/skin/hair related and it involves any of them, you’ll know about it.
6. Do you have pets? Yes, I have two woofers. I have a golden chihuahua named Vincent and a boston terrier named Tareek. See below.
7. Do you have any siblings? I have an older brother. He’s my main influence for why I like what I do (see question 12)
8. How many tattoos or piercings do you have? I technically have three tattoos, but I’ve gone for four separate tattoo visits. I have roses on my chest, cherry blossoms on the right side of my ribs and Morrigan from Darkstalkers on my thigh. Pics are below. (sorry for the blood!)
As far as piercings, I have standard and upper lobe piercings each ear. I’ve had multiple helix piercings up and down on both ears (I believe a total of four on each ear at one point) and I had snakebite piercings on my lips which have been closed for about 7 years. (I miss them greatly).
9. What is your favorite TV show? Currently on, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Past, Battlestar Galactica. Honorable mentions are Westworld, Game of Thrones, Dollhouse and Continuum.
10. What is your favorite podcast? If you go by overall regardless of season, Undisclosed. Recently, S-Town. Honorable mentions, Someone Knows Something and Stranglers.
11. Any strange food habits? No, but I’m vegetarian. Specifically, ovo-vegetarian. So basically, I do eat eggs, but no dairy.
12. What hobbies do you have other than blogging? I love to read comics, make cosplays for my kids and I also compete in gaming tournaments. I’m less active than I would like to be, but I definitely stretch my time between everything the best I can.
Now for some more beauty and/or blogging related questions…
13. What is your natural hair color? Black with a bit of gray that gets covered up. I’m getting older and I realize that silver will be in my future, but I try to cover what I can for now. I’m sure there’s a day where I’ll be over it.
14. What is your eye color? Brown. Inner part of the iris closest to the pupil is a deeper brown and the rest of the iris is more of a golden brown.
15. What is your skin type? I’m combo/dehydrated. My cheek bones and jawline tend to be much more dry and sensitive, while my T-zone can get shiny throughout the day. My skin gets easily dehydrated during the winter months and is mostly normal during the summer. I’ve found that the older I’ve gotten, the more dry my skin has become.
16. What is your skin tone? I’m a light/medium in most brands, I was last a NC 30/35 in MAC, but it has been some time since I’ve used their products. I tend to struggle with my undertone, but I am on the neutral side.
17. What are your favorite brands or favorite stores to shop? I try out so many brands that there really isn’t one that I could say I would drop everything for. As far as stores, I mostly shop at Sephora, Ulta and RoseRoseShop for K-beauty.
18. Who are your favorite bloggers/vloggers? Gothamista, Tamira Jarrel, Lisa Eldridge, Pixiwoo, Caroline Hirons, Leesu Blooming, Chrissstttiiine, WifeLife by Rhian HY, Asia Jackson, Kendyl Noor Aurora, a pair and a spare, smitten kitchen.
19. What is the meaning behind the blog name? I think it’s pretty straight forward. We all have something to confess about beauty products; our love, our hate. Sometimes you feel guilty, other times you feel passionate about it. Just know that I’ll be giving nothing but honest feedback on everything I try.
20. What is your goal for this blog? I really want to share my honest opinions about products. I’m an avid product junkie and use Asian beauty (AB) products and Western products equally. I also love DIY solutions as spa treatments. I also want to have a space for other people to share their skin/beauty confessions and I’ll definitely be sharing some of that.
Well, I hope you got to know a bit more about me and what this blog will be. As an FYI, I will be posting every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday (today being the exception).
If you have any other questions for me, please feel free to ask them in the comments and I’ll be sure to add them to an official About Me section later on down the line.
I hope you all have a wonderful day and I can’t wait to see you back here for the first official beauty post on Wednesday!